Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet Jammies

I've always loved repurposing, and clothing is one of the most creative (and least expensive) ways to do that. Recently, I decided to try my hand at making my little girl some jammies from a button up shirt of mine. She already owned a darling little nightie I thought would make a good "template" ( I use the word "template" because the word "pattern" puts the fear in me), so I cut the shirt roughly to match the nightie.


I worked around some of the existing features like the tiny snaps and pockets, and changed others, like cut off the collar and added a white ruffle to finish the sleeves. I also sewed up some little cropped jammie pants to wear under the nightie.
 
She loves them!
I come by this passion honestly--my parents are the master repurposers and I was lucky enough to grow up watching them. This is my sisters and I wearing matching jammies that my mom made for us--oh, to have lots of little girls to match! 


1 comment:

  1. So cute!
    Often yard sales offer clothes with great
    fabric and terrible fit. This is the perfect
    way around that. If I can just get over my
    sewing machine phobia, I'll follow in your
    footsteps.

    ReplyDelete