Monday, January 17, 2011

A Collection: Vintage Trunks

While thrifting yesterday, I found yet another military trunk.  I don't know why I'm graced with such good luck, but I've found a lot of these lately.  This one is green and had carpet (yuck!) on the top.  But when I peeled it up, this is what I got.  I was happy.


These trunks are great in a stack at the end of a hall or as a side table because they read as a single piece of furniture.  Try using just one to add height to a display on top of a dresser or put a small one in a bookshelf. They also work great on top of another piece of larger furniture to vary the height.

Use the big ones for a coffee table or turn it up on a side for an end table.  My mom uses a great old trunk in her cabin to stack blankets and hold a reading lamp with a feather shade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, who would have guessed that tacky carpet would actually add a layer of patina to the fantistic lid hidden underneath it? I love that your mind grouped all these trunks that look nothing alike yet serve the same purpose. It's unifying without being boring. As always, good eye.

    ReplyDelete